“Thank you for making it a joy for us to do our will!” - G.T. & T.T.
“Spencer, keep up the good work!” - S.H.
“Spencer was very helpful with our planning.” - M.L. & T.L.
Background & Professional Career
Jeremy is a member of the Virginia and Massachusetts Bars. He has served as a Board Member for the Peninsula Agency on Aging Endowment Fund, Inc., and as the President, Immediate Past President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Board Member for the Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council.
Jeremy has been named a ‘Rising Star’ by Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 in the practice areas of Trusts, Estates and Probate. He has also been recognized as a ‘Top Lawyer’ in Virginia Costal Magazine for 2015, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Jeremy serves as the Registered Agent and General Counsel to multiple businesses from Virginia Beach to Arlington, Virginia, as well as throughout Massachusetts.
In January of 2004, Jeremy moved from Boston to the gentler climate of Williamsburg, Virginia. Jeremy has three beautiful daughters and a strapping young son. Having grown up on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Jeremy enjoys spending his free time outdoors and by the water. Jeremy can often be found running, hiking with his family and their German shepherd (Lana), or riding Harley Davidson motorcycles with his wife, Sarah.
Jeremy specializes in the area of Trusts, Estates, Probate and Business Law. He enjoys helping clients navigate their options and issues to arrive at the correct legal outcome. Jeremy prides himself on making certain that his work is reliable, on-time, accurate and client focused.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, Bachelor Degree (English), 1997
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, MA, Juris Doctor, 2000
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA, LL.M. (Tax), 2004
Professional associations, certifications, and accolades:
- Virginia State Bar, Trusts and Estates section, Business Law section and Taxation section
- Massachusetts State Bar
- Licensed Continuing Education Instructor
- Williamsburg Bar Association
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, Immediate Past President 2014-2015
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, President 2013-2014
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, 1st Vice President 2012-2013
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, 2nd Vice President 2011-2012
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, Treasurer 2010-2011
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, Secretary 2009-2010
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council, Board Member 2008-2009
- Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council & National Estate Planning Council, Member
- Peninsula Agency on Aging Endowment Fund, Past Board Member
- Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce Armed Forces Committee, Past Board Member
- WealthCounsel, Member
- Super Lawyers® Magazine, Rising Stars℠
- Rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo.com
- Rated ‘Top Lawyer’ by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Avvo Top Rated Lawyer